Free School Meals
You may be aware that students from families who meet certain criteria (see below) may be eligible for Free School Meals and/or Pupil Premium funding.
Whether your child decides to take these meals or not, the school receives additional funding for each student. This funding can make a real difference to the school – and all the funding is required to be spent on supporting disadvantaged students.
We are aware that in the past, Five Acres High School required you to apply through Gloucestershire County Council. We have now invested in an online platform to make this process much simpler, and we would be very grateful if you could take two minutes to register at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-greenshawlearningtrust
To register you will need the following:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number (or National Asylum Seekers Number)
- Child's name and date of birth
- School your child is attending/will attend.
We would be very grateful if you could fill in your details on this form, even if you have applied unsuccessfully in the past, or if you believe you are not entitled to additional funding. The systems re-checks details every term, and will automatically update our records if your status changes.
If you would like help with applying, you are very welcome to come into school and we would be happy to assist you with an application.
Do you qualify?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you are in receipt of one of the following benefits, please apply for your child’s Free School Meals.